TSC Advertises Teaching Posts In Public Primary and Post-Primary Schools
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has advertised the availability of 5,000 teaching vacancies that are meant to support the government’s 100 per cent transition of learners from primary to secondary schools.
The move is intended to address the ever-increasing teacher shortage in public schools across the country.
Interested individuals are required to submit their applications online through the Commission’s website (www.tsc.go.ke) under the ‘Careers’ tab or through the link: teachersonline.tsc.go.ke. the deadline for the applications has been set for the 7th of July 2022.
Requirements for Secondary School Teachers (3,972 posts)
Apart from meeting the required academic requirements for the positions, candidates will be required to meet the following minimum requirements.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Must be a holder of at least a diploma in education
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission
Teacher Training Colleges (28 posts)
For one to qualify for recruitment he or she should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate.
- Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission.
Important Points to Note:
- The Teachers Service Commission Recruitment Guidelines 2022/2023 Financial Year (available in the Teachers Service Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke) shall apply.
- The list of shortlisted candidates, interview dates and venues will be published on the Teachers Service Commission’s website by 15th July 2022.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to present original academic and professional certificates.
- Successful candidates must not fill more than one Application for Employment Form. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification.
- Manual applications will not be considered.
- Successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country and not necessarily in the county or school where they were interviewed.
- Merit lists generated during this recruitment for both primary and post-primary institutions will be used in subsequent recruitment processes within the financial year.
The Commission also advertised the availability of 8,230 vacancies to replace teachers who have exited the service through natural attrition i.e. 6,539 posts for primary schools and 1,691 posts for secondary schools. The teachers who will be recruited shall serve on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service.
NOTE: The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer as per the constitutional provisions and law and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission forewarns applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
How to Report Fraud
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest Teachers Service Commission office or Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following telephone lines: (0202892193) and (0202892131) or write to the Secretary, Teachers Service Commission, through the email address email@example.com.
In addition, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.
Details on available vacancies are on the Teachers Service Commission’s website: www.tsc.go.ke.