TSC Revokes School Principal’s Transfer
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is mandated to recruit, transfer and manage teachers. This means that the Commission can cancel a teacher’s transfer if certain conditions are not met in the transfer.
Besides ensuring equitable distribution of teachers, the following are some of the reasons a TSC teacher’s transfer may be revoked:
- If there is no available vacancy in the area you have applied for the transfer
- Medical grounds as proved or certified by a registered medical expert
- Others reasons that TSC may consider worthy
Through a memo, TSC revoked the transfer of Simon Mulati Principal to Tenwek Boys High School to St. Anthony Boys Kitale.
According to the communique, the transfer was canceled and the principal was retained in the same station where he shall be teaching Kiswahili and History. In addition, the duties and responsibilities as Principal will remain as provided in the appointment letters.
What are the duties and responsibilities of the school principal?
- To set standards and targets of activities for the school.
- He is the accounting officer of the school.
- Control the finances of the school.
- Maintain school infrastructure and facilities.
- Planned, develop and monitor curricular and co-curricular activities of the school.
- Maintain discipline among staff and students of the school.
- Ensure the keeping of statutory records of the school, adhere strictly to the approved admission and transfer list from the Ministry of Education, and approves issuance of testimonials and certificates.
- Supervises the proper completion of the entry schedule of approved external examinations.
- Monitors the performance of his Deputy Principal and Deputy-Principals.
- Should be conversant with Government policies and regulations as they affect the school system.
- To endorse all incoming and outgoing correspondences for action
- Maintain a functional and cordial relationship with the school community, School Management Committee, Old Students’ Association, and other critical stakeholders.
- Shall provide a job description for all supporting staff.
- Teach a minimum of six periods per week.
Comments are closed.