TSC Has Revealed 18 New Hardship Areas in the 2021 – 2025 CBA
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has published eighteen new hardship areas that the Commission has now recognized officially.
In the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) signed between TSC and the main teachers’ unions, the Commission promised to embark on promoting teachers serving in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) and hard to staff areas that hold administrative positions progressively until they reach grades that are commensurate to their respective positions.
The following are the official ASAL and Hard to staff areas:
- Baringo North; Tiaty East, Tiaty West And Marigat Sub-Counties In Baringo County.
- Garissa County
- Suba And Mbita Sub-Counties In Homa Bay County
- Isiolo County
- Mashuuru, Loitoktok And Kajiado West Sub-Counties In Kajiado County
- Kwale County
- Magarini And Ganze In Kilifi County
- Lamu County
- Mandera County
- Marsabit County
- Mumoni, Mutito And Tseikuru Sub-Counties In Kitui County
- Narok South And Narok North Sub-Counties In Narok County
- Samburu County
- Taita Taveta County
- Tana River County
- Turkana County
- Wajir County
- West Pokot County