TSC Releases Circular on Training of Junior Secondary School Teachers on the Competency-Based Assessment
The Teachers Service Commission is set to train high school teachers on the Competency-Based Assessment (CBA) which is set to make its debut at the secondary school level in the near future.
Below is the full TSC Circular on the training of junior secondary school teachers on the CBA.
TO: ALL SUB-COUNTY DIRECTORS
RE: TRAINING OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN COMPETENCY-BASED ASSESSMENT
You are hereby required to identify 6 teachers per school for both regular and SNE for CBC training which will be face to face and will take place from 9th to 13th May 2022.
The target teachers are drawn from:
- Languages: Kiswahili, English, Foreign and Indigenous language and Kenya Sign Language.
- Pure Science: Integrated Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Health Education.
- Applied Science: Agriculture, Home Science and Computer Studies
- Humanities & Social Studies: (Citizenship, Geography, History), Religious studies (CRE, IRE, HRE and PPI and Life Skills.
- Technical subjects and Creative Arts: Pre-vocational and Pre-Career, Business studies, Music, Sports and Physical Education, Home Science.
- Inform the private schools to cater for transport and meals expenses (2 teas and Lunch) for their teachers.
- Identify, Procure and prepare training venues for regular teacher training (preference be given to available TTCs)
- Submit the list of the teachers identified on or before 2nd May 2022 in the following format in excel.
NAME OF TEACHER