TSC Advertises 21 Vacancies of Internship with Deadline Set On 22nd November
The Teachers Service Commission has announced the availability of 21 Internship opportunities for unemployed teachers with the deadline set on the 22nd of November 2021. Below is the full TSC Circular on the same.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is an independent Commission established under Article 237 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
In line with Government Internship Policy, the Commission intends to offer internship opportunities to qualified youth in various areas of specialization to enable them to gain practical work experience which will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career life.
Twenty – One (21) Internship opportunities in various areas of specialization are distributed as follows:
NO. OF INTERN VACANCIES
Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Human Resource Mangement/Development
Finance & Account
1) Academic/Professional qualifications:
a) INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, and Computer Technology, Software Development, Information Security & Forensics and other Recognized Bachelors of Science ICT Courses.
b) RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Records and Archives Mnagement/Library Science, Knwoledge of Electronics Documents and Records Management Systems (EDRMS).
c) HR MANEGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences plus a Dilpoma in Human Resource.
d) FINANCE & ACCOUNT
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts Economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
- Completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Ability to undertake research and provide legal opinions
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
2) Be a Kenyan youth aged between 21 and 35 years.
3) Must have completed their training and graduated in the last three (3) years from a recognized institution.
4) Must provide a certificate of proficiency in ICT.
5) Should have a Credit Bureau Certification. (CRB)
6) Should not have done an internship in any other organization.
7) Should provide a certificate of Good Conduct during the selection.
- Must be a person of intergrity
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, self-driven and diligent indicidual.
- Should possess good interpersonal, communication skills and be a team player.
The Internship positions will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
This is a non-remunerative position, however, the selected interns will be paid a stipend of twenty-five thousand (Kshs. 25,000) per month.
Successful applicants may be deployed either to the TSC Headquarters or County offices.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be submitted online through TSC recruitment portal Website: http://www.tsc.go.ke/
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications by Monday 22nd November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This is purely an Internship Programme for a maximum period of one year and will not lead to automatic employment at the TSC.
- Selected Interns shall be required to have a personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period. They will also be required to have insurance cover by the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.
DR. NANCY NJERI MACHARIA, CBS
SECRETARY/ CHIEF EXECUTIVE
The Full circular is downloadable here.