How to replace a lost TSC registration certificate Online
For a teacher, the Teachers Service Commission certificate is an important document that he or she must have. One cannot be employed or promoted without having the crucial TSC certificate.
However, it is important to note that the document just like anything else can be misplaced or lost and this can deny a teacher access to crucial services.
TSC have provided a way of replacing the certificate making the problem of replacing you TSC certificate easier.
Conditions under which a TSC certificate is replaced
A TSC certificate can be replaced under the following conditions.
- If it is misplaced
- If it is lost
- If it is damaged
- If it is destroyed
- If one wants to change names
Requirements for Replacement of a TSC certificate
The following are the requirements when replacing a TSC certificate
- You must pay a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 2055
- A bank payment slip is required
- In case you are changing names, an affidavit or a marriage certificate must be provided
NOTE: The Teachers Service Commission has migrated most of its services online and therefore does not allow paper. As such all applications MUST be done online.
The Procedure of Applying for Replacement of a TSC Certificate
Before you begin ensure your scanned documents are ready since you will need to upload them to the TSC website.
- Click on the link: https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/RegintroDC.aspx
- Enter your ID Number and Surname on the form provided.
- Click ‘Next’ and then you will be prompted to fill in all your details.
- Now follow the procedure till the end.
Important Things to Note In The Process Of Applying For A TSC Certificate Replacement
- You MUST complete all sections of the registration process in full
- Fill in all the required information
- It is an offense to willfully give false information to the Teachers Service Commission (TSC). The law stipulates that any person convicted of the offense may be fined up to Kshs. 100,000 or imprisoned for Twelve Months (12) months or both. (Section 44 of the TSC Act No. 20 of 2012)
- You can save part of this form and complete it later if you need to.
- Scan and attach only the documents that are required. Only the original documents should be scanned and uploaded. For Expatriate Teachers, attach a letter of clearance from the Ministry of Education’s Vetting Committee.
- A non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/= is deposited to TSC’s Registration Account National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001000905001 or via Simple Banking using the PayBill Business Number 625625 when processing a New Registration Certificate.
- Ensure the Bank Deposit Slip is available before you proceed with the application.
- For duplicate Certificate Applications, a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 2055 has to be deposited to the TSC Registration Account National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001005707400.
- You MUST have a Bank Deposit Slip before you proceed with the duplicate certificate application.
- Since the 1st of September 2017, Registration fees have been Kshs 1055/=, and application for a Duplicate certificate is set at a fee of Kshs 2055/=.