The Teachers Service Commission TSC has advertised ICT Job with Vacant positions for the entry-level grade.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the secretariat recruitment portal on TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke.
Applications should be received on or before 31st May 2019
N/B: No manual applications will be considered.
TSC ICT Job Vacancies: ADVERT NO. 2/2019
ICT OFFICER I – ICT SECURITY OFFICER: TSC SCALE ‘7’ (2 POSITIONS)
Purpose of TSC ICT Security Officer Job:
The job holder is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive information security and privacy program that will assure that information created, acquired or maintained by TSC is used in accordance with its intended purpose; to protect TSC’s data and infrastructure from external or internal threats; and to assure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy. ICT Security Officer is also responsible for continuous information risk assessment to ensure TSC’s information security risks are brought under explicit management control.
Key responsibilities of TSC ICT Security Officer:
- Assisting system owners in the development and maintenance of security plans for all general support systems and major applications under their responsibility.
- Assisting system owners in the development and maintenance of contingency plans for all general support systems and major applications under their responsibility.
- Participating in risk assessments to periodically re-evaluate the sensitivity of the system, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Participating in self-assessments of system safeguards and program elements.
- Participating in certification and accreditation of the system.
- Assisting the system owners in the identification of resources needed to effectively implement technical security control
- Ensuring integrity in the implementation and operation of technical security controls by conducting control security tests and evaluations.
- Developing system administration and operational procedures and manuals as directed by the system owner.
- Evaluating and developing procedures that assure the proper integration of service continuity with other system operations.
- Reviewing systems and application logs for IOCs and identifying any anomalous behavior based on user activities as well as edit event correlation rules
- Attending to all tickets allocated to them as per the ICT customer service charter standards.
Qualifications & Experience Needed for the TSC ICT Security Officer:
- A degree in computer science or IT;
- At least 1 years’ experience in systems security;
- Certifications in any of the following; Certified Ethical Hacker V10, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Network Security Administrator, CISSP, CISM, CISA Certified Secure computer user, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Application Security Specialist, Cryptography, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity;
- MUST demonstrate the ability to use various penetration testing tools to perform penetration testing in systems using Open Source Intelligence;
- MUST have knowledge in Ethical hacking, information security management, cyber-crime, etc.;
- MUST have worked as an Intern under the Graduate Internship Programme lasting for a period of one (1) year in a Public Institution; and
- MUST have demonstrated knowledge in conducting vulnerability/ penetration tests in an existing system(s).
Terms of Service for TSC ICT Security Officer Job:
- Permanent and pensionable.
Salary and other Benefits for the TSC ICT Security Officer:
- Basic Salary TSC Scale 7: Kshs. 47,146.00– Kshs. 76,459.0
ICT OFFICER I – SYSTEMS DEVELOPER: TSC JOB GRADE ‘7’ (3 POSITIONS)
Purpose of TSC ICT Systems Developer Job:
This position is responsible for developing high quality and robust software solutions that fit user requirements. The role will use high-level designs from the business analyst and write program codes to implement applications and
systems that satisfy these requirements with lower maintenance and support costs.
Key Responsibilities of TSC ICT Systems Developer:
- Proposing, designing and implementing system applications in line with the
Commission’s requirements and specifications;
- Translating designs requirements into reliable and user-friendly solutions using appropriate technologies, languages, and tools;
- Modifying existing and creating new application programs to address business requirements of TSC;
- Developing, optimizing and normalizing database structures to ensure optimal database performance of application systems;
- Developing interfaces for capturing user data and for the generation of reports;
- Producing automated unit and integration tests and support System/UAT testing in conjunction with other departments;
- Integrating applications both internally developed and outsourced systems to ensure seamless exchange of data across multiple application systems and databases;
- Troubleshooting technical issues in software applications and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements;
- Preparing and testing sample data sets to ensure that output from new or modified systems work as intended;
- Conducting user acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily and functions as intended; and
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
Qualifications and Experience of TSC ICT Systems Developer:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT;
- In-depth knowledge in the following programming languages PHP or Java etc.;
- MUST have worked as an Intern under the Graduate Internship Programme lasting for a period of one (1) year in a Public Institution;
- MUST have a recommendation letter for internship stating the period served;
- In-depth knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- Good technical writing and problem-solving skills;
- Be a team player and work under minimal supervision;
- Be able to work within tight deadlines;
- Build and use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate the writing of some code; and
- Ability to transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language.
Other Benefits entitled to the TSC ICT Job Officers:
The remuneration will also include House allowance, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance, Group Personal/WIBA Accident cover, Comprehensive Medical cover and membership to the staff retirement pension scheme as per the prevailing guidelines.
A Note for All the Qualified Applicants:
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews
TSC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from marginalized areas, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.