KUCCPS Opens Student Portal for 2021 KCSE Candidates
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has now opened its portal for the 2021 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) candidates to make their applications.
The portal opened today and shall close in two weeks (after 14 days).
All 2021 KCSE candidates are now allowed to apply for placement in courses and universities of their choice.
Those who had made their selections while still in school have the opportunity to do revision on their choices of universities and courses.
How to apply for/Revise Courses
- To make an application to your desired courses, you can access the KUCCPS portal via the link: http://kuccps.ac.ke or via the direct link http://students.kuccps.net. Alternatively, you can download the KUCCPS app on your phone.
- Log in to the Student’s Portal using your KCSE Index Number and the KCSE year. For the password, use either your Birth Certificate or your KCPE Index Number.
- The next step is viewing the available programmes and their requirements by clicking on the Programmes tab in the portal. You can also choose to search for the courses by the institution using the Institutions tab.
- Move the courses that you are interested in into the Course Basket. This will enable you to deal with a brief list as you prepare your final list of programmes that you are applying for.
- After you have decided on your final courses, you then enter the Programme Codes.
- To apply, click on the Application/Revision tab to enter the Programme Codes.
- Once you have confirmed your Programme codes are for the courses or programmes your want to apply for, submit and follow the guidelines provided for paying for your application for placement.
Note: application fees for first-timers is Kshs: 1,500 while for those revising the fee is Kshs. 1,000. The fee for processing placement is paid after you have selected your courses.
It is important to keep your transaction code safe as it will be required in the subsequent changes you will make to the application for placement.
How You Pay for KUCCPS Placement
- Go to Lipan a M-PESA menu.
- Select PayBill
- Enter the KUCCPS business number 820211
- Enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (with no space) for the Account Number
- Enter your M-PESA Pin to send the application fee