Teachers Service Commission TSC has advertised for 12 vacancies of Assistant Deputy Direction (Quality Assurance and Standards). This is in accordance to the Teachers Service Commission TSC Advert Number: 11/2019.
Job Description of the TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Quality Assurance & Standards)
Reporting to Regional Director, the Quality Assurance and Standards function entails validation of teachers’ application for registration, qualification, provision of oversight in curriculum implementation, monitoring teacher performance and maintenance of standards in the teaching service, Training and Capacity Building of teachers.
Terms of employment of the TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Quality Assurance & Standards)
The successful applicants will be appointed on 5 years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities of the TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Quality Assurance & Standards)
- Ensure performance standards are complied with;
- Inviting and interviewing teachers and any other person to provide information or material relating to standards assessment;
- Requesting from any teacher the production of any teaching documents and materials;
- Carrying out performance assessment and discuss the findings with the teacher concerned for purposes of corrective action and continuous improvement;
- Examining and record any teaching material or document that will assist in compiling a report for purposes of preventive and corrective action;
- Ensuring maintenance of discipline and work ethics among teachers;
- Compiling reports in respect of the performance standards assessment carried out and submit the same to the Commission for appropriate action;
- Verifying other reports from relevant agencies before the Commission takes appropriate action;
- Conducting joint standard assessment with other relevant government agencies; Monitoring performance of teachers in schools;
- Performing all other related duties as may be necessary to promote standards in the teaching profession.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned
Requirements for TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Quality Assurance & Standards) Application
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers or currently serving as Secretariat Staff.
Applicants should have:
- Masters Degree in Education or Masters Degree in subject area from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education;
- Must have 12 years’ experience in the teaching service three of which should have been in an administrative position;
- Leadership, communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Show merit in job performance;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
NB: Certificate in Management Course (MC) lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Salary /Remuneration package for TSC Assistand Director
Terms of Service – contract for 5 years renewable
Salary and other Benefits
Basic Salary TSC Scale 11: 137,460 – 167,098 pm.
The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance. Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
TSC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from marginalized areas, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the Secretariat recruitment portal on TSC Website https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK.
Application Deadline for Assistant Deputy Director (Quality Assurance & Standards)
This position will close on 17th September, 2019.