The Teachers Service Commission TSC wishes to fill 27 vacant positions of TSC Deputy Directors /County Directors. Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons to fill the above posts.
How to Apply for the TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors Job
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the Secretariat recruitment portal on TSC Website https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK.
Application Deadline for TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors
- Applications should be received on or before 23rd
- No manual applications will be considered.
- Advert No. 13/2019
Deputy Directors/County Directors TSC Scale ’12’ (E1) – (27 Posts)
Reporting to Regional County Director, this position is responsible for the provision of leadership in the development and implementation of strategies and structures in regards to teacher management within the county to ensure overall achievement of the Commission objective.
Duties and Responsibilities of TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors
- Develop, implement and monitor County strategy as derived from the institutional strategy, to ensure that County activities are aligned with the institutional objectives;
- Lead the implementation of performance contract and appraisal of teachers for the county for standardization of methodology employed in performance reviews;
- Develop and monitor compliance with policies and procedures in the county to support the achievement of the institutional strategy;
- Develop and monitor effective utilization of the county budget to support the implementation of the county strategy;
- Manage discipline function of teachers at the county level and refer the complicated ones to the headquarters to ensure alignment with the institutional strategy;
- Coordinate teacher promotions within the county to ensure openness and fairness is adhered;
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff;
- Coordinate TSC recruitment function at the County to ensure qualified staff are brought on board;
- Direct all subordinates reporting to the position towards set targets and appraise them accordingly;
- Chair recruitment, interview transfer and discipline committee panels and ensure appropriate procedures are followed;
- Ensure proper staff balancing in schools/ institutions in the counties to promote fairness and openness in numbers.
Note: – An officer at this level may be deployed at TSC Headquarters to perform
similar functions at the national level.
Requirements for Appointment for TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors Position
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- Bachelors Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree plus a Post Graduate
Diploma in Education;
- Master’s Degree in Education or relevant discipline from a recognized University;
- Twelve (12) years’ experience, three (3) of which should have been in TSC Scale 11;
- Demonstrate Knowledge of school management and administration;
- Leadership and Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams.
NB: Possession of a Management Course or Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than 4 weeks will be an added advantage.
Salary / Remuneration Package for the TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors
Terms of Service: – Contract for 5 years renewable
Salary and other Benefits
Basic Salary TSC Scale 12: – Kshs.156,108 – Kshs.288,051
The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance. Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.
Note to the 2019 TSC Deputy Directors/County Directors Applicants
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
TSC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from marginalised areas, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.