The Teachers Service Commission TSC has in September 2019 advertised 64 open vacancies for the position of TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management).
The job is a 5 year renewable contract with a salary scale of Kshs.137,460 – 167,098 per month.
According to the TSC Advert Number: 10/2019, Successful applicants will be deployed in any station within the Republic of Kenya as a Sub-County Director.
Job Description for TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management)
Reporting to County Director, this position is responsible for the provision of Teacher Management general administrative support, Customer Care and Data Management for public institutions at TSC headquarters, County and Sub-County offices. In addition an officer at this level should be able to quality assurance for the teaching service. Successful applicants will be deployed in any station within the Republic of Kenya as a Sub-County Director.
Terms of employment of TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management)
The successful applicants will be appointed on 5 years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities of the TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management)
- Supervision of the TSC Staff, Curriculum Support Officers and all teachers in the Sub-County;
- Ensure all heads of institutions comply with requirements of Performance Management;
- Monitor the performance of staff by ensuring they set performance targets and sign the appraisal forms;
- Evaluate the understanding of teachers on the Code of Regulations and other education policies and enforce compliance;
- Manage customer care matters in the Sub-County and compile reports on customer queries to document teachers’ points of concern to inform policy direction;
- Compile public complaints report on matters affecting teachers, and forward this report to the Director or County Director for action;
- Coordinate with heads of institutions and the Curriculum Support in the Sub-County to ensure proper data and information is maintained for Teacher Management functions for easy references and retrieval when need arises;
- Establish and maintain staffing data in the institution and advice on recruitments, transfers, deployment and posts for Administrators;
- Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff;
- Provide input into the preparation of the Departmental/County annual budget.
Requirements for the Position of TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management)
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers or currently serving as Secretariat Staff.
Applicants should have:
- Masters Degree in Education or relevant discipline, from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education;
- Must have 12 years’ experience in the teaching service three of which should have been in an administrative position;
- Leadership, communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Show merit in job performance;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
NB: Certificate in Management Course (MC) lasting not less than four weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Salary and Other Benefits
- Contract: 5 years renewable.
- Salary: 137,460 – 167,098 pm.
The remuneration will include Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover, House allowance as per region, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance. Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.
A note for the TSC Job Applicants
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
TSC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from marginalized areas, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply for 2019 TSC Assistant Deputy Director (Teacher Management) Position
Interested and qualified applicants should apply through the Secretariat recruitment portal on TSC Website https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK.
This position will close on 17th September, 2019.