Teacher.co.ke
Latest Education News, Free School Notes, and Revision Materials

Date For Selection to Junior High School Revealed As KNEC Issues Grade Six Examination Guidelines

The Cabinet Secretary for Education Prof George Magoha has announced the dates for the selection of Grade 6 students to Junior High Schools (JSS).

According to reports the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) is set to open the portal for this purpose between the 15th and the 30th of August 2022. In this period, Grade 6 students will be required to select the preferred Junior Secondary Schools in order for them to be placed.

While speaking to the press on Friday the 22nd of July, CS Magoha revealed that the 1.27 million Grade learners will sit for their national examination from the 28th of November to the 30th of November.

The examinations will account for 40% of the total score with the other 60% comprising of school-based assessments in the previous grades 4, 5 and 6.

In addition, CS Magoha also revealed that 2.51 million students will begin secondary school in January 2023.

He also revealed that around 1.27 million learners will graduate from Grade 6 and another 1.24 million shall enter high school after taking the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) examinations.

KNEC already issued Guidelines to be used for the Grade 6 examination scheduled for the month of November.

KNEC’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) David Njengere revealed via a statement to heads of institutions that the candidates will sit for their School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their home institutions which will be graded within the schools by teachers.

Evaluations results will then be posted on the portal and will then be able to register for the national examination.

The learners will be assigned an assessment number equivalent to an index number which they shall use when sitting for their Kenya Intermediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA).

On the first day, the Grade 6 learners shall sit for Mathematics and English on the first day, on the second day they shall sit for Integrated Science and Kiswahili and Creative Arts and Social Studies o the third and final day.

The materials required for the practical assessments shall be provided by the schools with KNEC calling on schools to improve some of the resources that are locally available.

Teachers will then grade responses from learners and award them grades which will also be uploaded to the KILEA portal before the set KNEC deadline.

DOWNLOAD FREE SCHOOL RESOURCES USING THE LINKS BELOW:

GRADE 1, 2, AND 3 (COMBINED) EVALUATION ASSESSMENT TESTS SET
PRIMARY SCHOOL CLASS 5, 6, AND 7 EXAMS
PRIMARY SCHOOL CLASS 8 EXAMS
HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS CLASS 4 – 8
HIGH SCHOOL RESOURCES
UPPER PRIMARY SCHOOL RESOURCES
PRE-PRIMARY (PP1-PP2) SCHOOL MATERIALS
GRADE 1- 4 MATERIALS
UNIVERSITY RESOURCES

Comments are closed.