TSC Shortlisted Candidates to Begin Recruitment Interviews this Thursday
Teachers who applied for employment in the recently advertised slots are set to begin their recruitment interviews this Thursday.
Some of the applicants have already received invitations via Short Message Service (SMS) for the interviews which shall start on the 21st of July at 8:00 am and end on the 27th of July 2022.
However, some counties are yet to inform applicants of the interview dates but this is expected to be done by Wednesday.
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) had promised to publish lists of shortlisted applicants on its website but failed to do so.
The Commission only made shortlisting lists for Nyanza and Nairobi with lists for other regions missing.
According to the Commission, the lists of shortlisted candidates were to be represented from Wednesday 13th July to Friday 15th July 2022.
Unemployed teachers who had applied relied on the lists which had been circulating on social media via Whatsapp groups.
For Primary Teacher Education (PTE) teachers are required to submit the following documents for verification during the recruitment process.
- National Identification card;
- Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
- Authentic evidence of service as a teacher intern (where applicable)
- PTE/DPTE Certificate;
- KCSE certificates or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams);
- KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams);
- Letter of Certificate of results by KNEC (where applicable);
- Primary and Secondary School leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials;
- National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
- An Affidavit sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names.