Ministry Of Education’s Official Announcement for the Elimu Scholarship Programme 2021
The Ministry of Education has issued an official announcement regarding the Elimu Scholarship program for the year 2021.
The Ministry of Education’s announcement is as below.
Republic of Kenya
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
STATE DEPARTMENT OF EARLY LEARNING AND BASIC EDUCATION
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FOR THE YEAR 2020/21
The Ministry of Education through Equity Groupd Foundation is awarding Secondary School Scholarships in 110 targeted Sub-Counties and fifteen (15) urban centres with informal settlements to needy and vulnerable learners who attained 280 marks and above in the 2020 KCPE Examination.
For affirmative action, candidates who are Orphans and/or from Vulnerable Communities and those with special needs and disabilities who attained below 280 marks may be considered.
Only candidates who sat the 2020 KCPE examinations from public primary schools in the 110 Sub-Counties and the fifteen (15) urban centres with informal settlements will be eligible to apply.
The 110 targeted sub-counties are as per the National Government Administrative areas that existed in the year 2015.
The list of the targeted Sub-Counties and the fifteen (15) urban centres with informal settlements are available in the Ministry of Education and Equity Group Foundation websites: www.education.go.ke and https:egfdmis.equitybank.co.ke/register_elimu.
The applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates with special needs and disabilities (Physical, Hearing and Visual Impairments Autism, Albinism, Learning Disabilities and Others); or
- Orphans and vulnerable children; or
- Candidates from vulnerable communities in the target Sub-Counties; or
- Candidates from urban centres with informal settlements; or
- Whose parents/guardians are living with disabilities that have compromised their ability to meet the financial obligations of their children
- Whose families are affected by HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses with debilitating effects that could render parents and guardians destitute and unable to fend for their families
- Whose families are affected by extreme poverty rendering them unable to educate their children
- Who have suffered from neglect, abuse and have no support to continue with their education.
Interested applicants are advised to collect schorlaship application forms from the nearest Equity Branch or Equity Bank Agent.
Duty completed application forms including supporting documents should be submitted to the nearest Equity Bank Branch by 31st May 2021.
Shortlisted candidates, accompanied by parents/guardians, will be invited for interviews which will be conducted by the Community Scholarship Advisory Committees.
The scholarship caters for school fees, transport to and from school, learning materials and school kit for the beneficiaries for the four-year education period.
Please note that ONLYthe candidates who meet the stipulated requirements will be considered for the scholarship.
Members of the public are urged to share this information widely so as to reach as many potential beneficiaries as possible.
Equity Center 8th Floor Hospital Road, Upper Hill, P.O. BOX 75104-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
LIST OF TARGETED SUB-COUNTIES UNDER THE SECONDARY EDUCATION QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (SEQIP) ELIMU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
- Baringo North
- East pokot
- Bungoma west
- Mt. elgon
- Teso north
- Teso south
- Marakwet east
- Marakwet west
- Kajiado central
- Kakamega south
- Mwingi central
- Mwingi east
- Laikipia north
- Mandera central
- Mandera east
- Wajir east
- Mandera west
- Wajir north
- Wajir south
- North horr
- Wajir west
- Pokot central
- Pokot north
- Marsabit south (laisamis)
- Pokot south
- West pokot
- Kuria east
- Kuria west
- Murangá east
- Trans mara east
- Samburu north
- Samburu north
- Bura (tana north)
- Tana delta
- Tana river
- Tharaka north
- Tharaka south
- Turkana central
- Turkana east
- Turkana north
- Turkana south
- Turkana west
LIST OF TARGETED URBAN CENTRES WITH INFORMAL SETTLEMENTS