Safaricom PLC advertises New Job Vacancies 2023; Requirements and How to Apply
Safaricom PLC has advertised job vacancies in a bid to fill important positions at the company.
The company sets out to enhance the welfare of its customers by supporting neighbourhood activities and providing value-added services.
The following are the advertised positions, requirements and how to apply (s).
1. Data Analytics Engineer
Reporting to the manager, data analytics operations. The position holder will offer leading expert solutions and technical guidance in administration, service provision and availability of all the Safaricom Business Intelligence and analytics systems.
- Coding and Support of all ETL and analytics processes used within the BI and Analytics systems.
- Development and support of reliable data ingestion and preparation processes.
- Troubleshooting and support of highly scalable distributed big data systems, using different open-source technologies including but not limited to Hadoop services.
- Design and development of front-end tier(s), middle tier(s) and/or back-end database tier(s) for business applications. Capturing of business applications information needs and mapping of the same to the software and/or database components.
- Automate processes across BI ecosystem which enables self-healing and proactive monitoring.
- Perform root cause analysis on application and data-related incidents.
- Platform upgrade across all BI warehouse components both on front-end, middle tier(s) and back-end tier(s)
- Possession of DBA skills is a plus. Performing routine DBA tasks including operation, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Research and provide input and design approach, performance and base functionality improvements for various procedures and applications.
- Generation of ideas to improve efficiency in software and application services offered to the business, and/or generate revenue for the business
- Participation and membership in various techniques for the purpose of increasing the collective knowledge base of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology-related field
- Advanced scripting skills in UNIX/LINUX
- Advanced ETL knowledge in Informatica, SSIS, NIFI
- Oracle certification in database administration of application development
- Proficient in SQL for data analysis and manipulation
- Programming skills such as Java, Python, Scala
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with cloud data services such as AWS redshift, s3
How to Apply
To apply, click here.
2. M-Pesa Africa – Digital Workspace Engineer
A successful candidate will be responsible for providing IT support and ensuring service requests from internal users are fulfilled within defined OLAs and SLAs. They will also implement continuous improvement of IT services to MPA staff.
- Rolling out and supporting MPA Office 365 services;
- Automating Workspace support services to ease support activities;
- Addressing and delivering requested services and assisting with general information or customer complaints within defined timelines;
- Performing root cause analysis of reported services requests and incidents;
- Managing escalations from customers and ensuring feedback is provided within defined timelines;
- Providing performance reports and identifying gaps aimed at improving services;
- Monitoring analyzing and driving the resolution of incidents for the IT environment;
- Liaising with other support teams e.g. Networks to resolve related IT issues;
- Supporting the implementation of the Managed Security Services strategy and roadmap;
- Participating actively in cyber security events and trade shows, reporting and presentations.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related course
- Work experience of 2 to 3 years in a Service Desk or End User Support environment;
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Collaboration Technologies such as 0365, Azure ad, Exchange Online.
- Experience in Network Administration
How to Apply
Click here to submit your application.
CVM Analyst – Financial Services
Reporting to the CVM Manager – Financial Services, the role will be responsible for developing, implementing and optimizing the reporting framework that will drive the insights needed to improve performance and growth of Safaricom’s Financial Service’s Cluster
- Lead in the development of daily, weekly and monthly Customer Value Management dashboards reports.
- Calculate various CVM-related KPIs, interpret results, and derive actions/facilitate decision-making.
- Design and lead Financial Services’ Customer Segmentation, Targeting and Profiling program (Segments, Best Buy Products, Propensity).
- Manage and ensure proper data analysis, monitoring and reporting of dormancy of the Financial Services Customers both at the overall level and product level.
- Forecast and measure the impact of Financial Services ATL and BTL Campaigns, Insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor statistical models to identify Subscribers’ propensity to buy and propensity to churn.
- Provide in-depth and regular analysis of CVM initiatives and campaigns.
- Present the recommendations to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner, both in verbal and written formats.
- Collaborate with the GTM Squad (Growth Managers), Mini App Squad and other Commercial Squads to improve the digital channel performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Computer Science, Business Information Technology, Statistical/Analytical sciences or a relevant field.
- 3+ years of experience in SQL, Data Science Models is required.
- Analytical Mind-Set
- Storytelling/Connect the dots
- Advance Data Wrangling/Visualization skills
- Presentation skills
- Innovative and creative.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- A high flair for numbers is a must.
How to Apply
Click here to make your application
Comments are closed.