The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is recruiting 100 individuals for the position of Assistant Deputy Director – Teacher Management.
TSC is looking for a results-oriented and self-driven experienced professionals. Employment to this post is on a five (5) year rrenewable contract basis.
- Reports to Deputy Director
- Provision of teacher management general administrative support, customer care and data management in the public institutions and TSC at the headquarters, County and Sub- County offices.
Successful applicants will be deployed in any station within the Republic of Kenya.
Five(5) year renewable contract.
Duties and Responsbilities of Assistant Deputy Director – Teacher Management
1. Supervision of the TSC staff, Curriculum Support Officers and all teachers in the Sub-County.
2. Ensure all heads of institutions and teachers sign the performance contract and appraisal at the beginning of the year.
3. Monitor the performance of staff by ensuring they set performance targets and sign the appraisal forms.
4. valuate the understanding of teachers on the code of regulations and other education policies and enforce compliance.
5. Manage customer care matters in the Sub-County and compile reports on customer queries to document teacher’s points of concern to inform policy direction.
6. Compile public complaints report on matters affecting teachers, and forward this report to the Director or County Director for action.
7. Coordinate with heads of institutions and the curriculum support in the sub-County to ensure proper data and information is maintained for teacher management functions for easy references and retrieval when need arises.
8. Establish and maintain staffing data in the institution and advice on recruitments, transfers, deployment and posts for Administrators.
9. Provide leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff.
10. Provide input into the preparation of the Departmental/ County annual budget.
Conditions Set Before Application
Applicants must be either serving Curriculum Support Officers at Job Group N or currently serving as Secretariat Staff at TSC scale 10 either at the Headquarters or in the County Offices.
Requirements for the Assistant Deputy Director – Teacher Management TSC job
i. Masters Degree in Education from a recognized university.
ii.Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
iii.Must have been in TSC Scale 10 or Job Group N a minimum of three (3) years.
iv.Leadership, Communication skills and Interpersonal skills.
v.Show merit in Job performance
vi.Must meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
NB: Certificate in Senior Management Course (SMC) from Kenya School of Government will be an added advantage.
- Basic Salary: 111,446 – 138,248
- House Allowance: 16,800 – 45,000
- Commuter Allowance: 12,000
- Leave Allowance: 10,000
- Medical Cover: Comprehensive Medical Scheme
- This Position will Close on 28-06-2019
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply through the TSC portal https://services.tsc.go.ke/TSCK/Auth/login.php provided.
No manual application will be considered for the advertised positions.
The online application for the above advert will be closed on Friday, 28th June 2019 at 5.00pm.