The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has directed teachers across the country under its payroll to validate data on the TPAY system.
Among the details that will be required are the TSC emails that teachers were to create via a Microsoft account some months ago.
The directive was issued via a circular dated the 8th of June 2022 and all the details contained in the circular are shown below.
CIRCULAR NO: 6/2022
TO: ALL TEACHERS
VALIDATION OF DATA ON TPAY SYSTEM FOR TEACHERS
The Commission is committed to improve its service delivery through automation of its process. To operationalize this, the Commission issued Circular 2/2021 dated 15th February 2021, Upscaling of Online Services for Teachers, which provided guidelines o automation of services.
In order to enhance the security of teachers’ information and in line with the Data Protection Act 2019, the Commission requires all teachers to update their TPAY profile in the following manner:
- Access the payslip page through the TSC website and log into TPAY,
- Upload a passport photo clearly showing the face, without glasses or head-covered,
- Enter and verify current mobile numbers,
- Once you enter the mobile number and OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile number,
- Input the OTP to validate the mobile number,
- Click on the validate tab to verify that it is the correct mobile number,
NB: Only a valid code will be accepted and once verified the number cannot be changed. The mobile number will be used during loan application and approvals.
- Enter and Verify official email issued by the Commission e.g. email@example.com,
NB: A One-Time-Password (OTP) code will be sent to the email provided. Only a valid code will be accepted to verify the email.
The email will be used during loan application and approvals.
In this regard, heads of institution are required to:
- Verify and approve the profile of teachers under their supervision within 30 days from the date of this circular.
- Directors (for head teachers of primary institution) and County Directors (for heads of post-primary institutions) respectively. This should be done within 30 days from the date of this circular.
Heads of Institution who will not have validated the particulars of teachers under their supervision within the stipulated time will not be able to access their TPAY accounts.
The TPAY validation exercise takes effect from 9th June, 2022 and will close on 15th July 2022. For assistance, teachers may seek help on the verification through the following address; firstname.lastname@example.org or TSC County Offices.
County Directors and Sub County Directors are directed to ensure that the contents of this circular are disseminated to all teachers serving under their respective jurisdictions.
DR. NANCY NJERI MACHARIA, CBS
TSC REGIONAL DIRECTORS
TSC COUNTY DIRECTORS
TSC SUB-COUNTY DIRECTORS
Teachers experience problems
Teachers who have attempted to validate their TPAY data have faced issues with accessing their accounts due to the security measures put in place by Microsoft, which is the email service provider chosen by the teachers’ employer.
Especially those who have not logged into their emails since they created the emails have had a hard time because they could not remember their passwords. However, resetting was possible and this helped to make the process easier.
Low Computer literacy among teachers is also a major contributing factor to the issues experienced while validating TPAY data