Nakuru County to have 59198 Grade 6 Learners in Junior Secondary Schools
59,198 Grade 6 learners in Nakuru County are set to join Junior Secondary School (JSSs).
According to Nakuru County Director of Education Fredrick Osewe, all learners are well prepared to transition to junior secondary schools.
Speaking to the media, Osewe said that learners have completed 60 per cent of their assessment examinations with only 40 per cent of their assessment examinations set to be done soon.
Osewe lauded education stakeholders including parents, teachers and learners for their cooperation in the process of implementing the Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) and promised full support from the County Education Office.
“We thank and appreciate the effort of our parents, teachers, learners and other stakeholders who have worked hard to ensure learners’ assessment runs smoothly in the county,” said Osewe.
Osewe revealed that out of 59,198 learners, 50,431 are attending public schools while 8,8765 attend private schools within the county.
Out of the 59,198, 25,763 are boys while 24,668 are girls. In private schools, 4,373 are boys while 4,392 are girls.
According to the County Education boss, 95 per cent of the CBC classes in the county have been completed and the remaining 5 per cent are set to be completed shortly.