KUCCPS Opens Student Portal to Facilitate Online Inter Institution Transfer (2021)
KUCCPS has now opened the student portal for applications of inter-institutional transfer (IIT). The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) is mandated to carry out the placement of KCSE candidates to universities and colleges.
The inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applications are allowable on the KUCCPS student portal for a period of one month.
Students who were placed to various colleges and universities this year (2021) and wish to change the institutions they were admitted to, can now apply for inter-institutional transfer (IIT) as long as they meet the required criteria.
- Students must apply online via the students’ portal (studennts.kuccps.net).
- The university/college where the applicant was placed MUST endorse the transfer, as well as the university/college where the applicant wishes to transfer to.
- A student has to meet the set cut-off points and the minimum requirements in order to apply.
- While making the application, the student can continue studying the same course and change only the institution or change both the course and institution.
- All inter-institutional transfer (IIT) applicants have to pay a fee of Kshs. 1,000 and should be paid only after the system prompts him/her to pay. Payments are done via the KUCCPS Paybill Number 820201. Be careful not to send to the wrong PayBill number.
Applicants and institutions should both note the following:
- Both the receiving and releasing institutions will have a week/seven days at most to endorse the transfer.
- After the 7 days have lapsed at the releasing institution, the transfer application automatically reverts to the applicant to start the process afresh.
- If the 7 days expires at the releasing institution stage, the transfer application automatically reverts to KUCCPS for administrative release.
- If a transfer application has been reverted to the student, the student will not be allowed to resent a request to the same institution for the same programme.
- The automated online transfer is restricted to students who were placed in the 2021/2022 cycle. For students from the other cycles who want to do an inter-institutional transfer, they will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- The transfer code expires after three days.
You may read the IIT Guidelines for Institutions and Instructions to Applicants or contact KUCCPS via the following contacts:
Make a Call via: 020-5137400, 0723954927, or 0734879662