University of Mississippi Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
The University of Mississippi is offering undergraduate scholarships to international students seeking to study in the United States of America (USA).
The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and students can be eligible for up to four academic years towards their first bachelor’s degree.
The University of Mississippi also known as Ole Miss is a prestigious institution of higher learning with a history of producing global leaders in various fields.
The institution has 16 academic divisions including medical school, schools of accountancy, law, pharmacy and Honors College famous for academic rigour, experimental learning and opportunities for community action.
The institution will consider students for International Scholarships if they meet the following requirements.
- Must be classified as foreign students for tuition fee purposes
- Must have obtained relevant certificates required for admission into a US institution of higher learning,
- Demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities,
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Be available to start the 2023-2023 academic session if successful with the application.
Scholarships range from $23,454 to $39,000 which covers tuition fees, accommodation, stipend, books and health insurance.
This is credited towards non-resident fees and resident tuition fees. It may be combined with other scholarships but cannot go beyond the full non-resident fee or resident tuition.
The funds are non-deferrable and non-transferrable but renewable provided there is academic progression and grade requirements are met and that lawful presence in the USA is maintained while in the country.
Students may be awarded the scholarship for up to four years towards their first bachelor’s degree only.
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts/degree certificates,
- Proficiency in English language proficiency scores
- Affidavit of financial support and official bank statement
- Passport identification pages (if available) by email.
Students who have completed at least ten transferrable courses at the university level are not required to submit high school transcripts.
However, they have to provide translations of their transcripts and diplomas if they are in languages other than English.
Submission of official English language proficiency test scores and official SAT/ACT scores (only required for international students who graduate from high schools in the USA) directly by the Testing Centre.
How to Apply
To submit an application for the University of Mississippi International Students Scholarships 2023-2024, apply for admission into an eligible undergraduate course at the institution through the link: https:international.olemiss.edu/scholarships-for-international-undergraduates/
Comments are closed.