Two Sameta Primary Dormitories Burn to the Ground
A fire broke out at Sameta Primary School located in Kisii County burning two dormitories to the ground.
During the outbreak of the fire, no pupil was hurt but the property was destroyed of high value was lost in the fire.
The affected dormitories used to house around 82 learners who managed to escape the fire on Monday night without any injuries.
The school headteacher did not reveal any cause for the fire to members of the media community who visited the school.
It was later revealed that the headteacher was not present when the fire broke out at around 7:00 pm on Monday.
The headteacher referred journalists to the office of the director of education to be issued with further information on the fire.
Many parents were rightfully worried about receiving distress calls about the school fire with some even attempting to enter the school.
However, with no learners injured all parents later managed to be calm as the only worry was the property lost in the fire.
“Almost everything was burnt in the fire. It is a big loss but we are happy that the lives of our children were preserved,” revealed one of the parents.
Burnt boxes and books could be seen in the area where the fire had broken out and burnt the dormitories.
Some parents did drive away from the scene with their children, probably afraid of another fire breaking out.