Teachers Service Commission TSC September 2019 Advert No: 201909S1401
Reporting to the Commission Secretary, the holder of this position is responsible for the deployment of teachers in public learning institutions and provision of strategic leadership for the staffing directorate.
Key Responsibilities of the TSC Director (Staffing) include:
- Providing guidance in the development of the Directorates budget to drive its objectives;
- Overseeing the development of timely and quality work plans for staff in the staffing Directorate, derived from the Commissions’ strategy, to ensure effective delivery of service.
- Development of linkages to ensure that promotion of teachers is linked to their performance;
- Analyzing and reviewing the strategic objectives of Staffing directorate;
- Providing leadership in the development of budgets for the division and ensure sufficient allocation of resources required for the implementation of the directorates strategy;
- Participating in the formulation and implementation of the Commissions policies and procedures that provide guidelines in the directorates operations, to assist in the delivery of quality service and support compliance with the relevant policies;
- Coordinating the development of procurement plans for the directorate and liasing with the procurement unit to ensure goods and services are procured as per the plan;
- Monitoring the implementation of contracts for goods or services relating to the directorate;
- Supervising Regional and County Directors and appraising the performance of Regional Directors;
- Ensuring efficiency in the utilization of funds to enhance implementation of the Directorates Strategic Objectives;
- Preparing reports on various activities of the directorate on quarterly basis or as required;
- Ensuring compliance with TSC regulations and policies to enhance teacher discipline, in order for the Commission to earn the trust of stakeholders, on the ability of TSC to deliver on teacher management.
- Offering leadership in the development of policies on Recruitment and deployment of teachers, to ensure equitable distribution and optimum utilization of teachers in learning institutions.
- Liaising with Director of Quality Assurance and Standards Directorate to enforce teacher’s compliance with continuous professional development of teachers in line with best practice and set standards, to ensure teachers are equipped with the required competencies necessary for the provision of quality teaching
- Liaising with the Director of Quality Assurance and Standards Directorate to establish a rich database of qualified teachers;
- Liaising with Director ICT to ensure continuous updating of TMIS for real time data for teachers in the employment of the Commission;
- Liaising with Director Field Services on discipline matters for teachers and Field Staff;
- Providing leadership in mentoring and coaching of directorate staff to inspire and motivate staff.
- Advising the Commission on the demand and supply of teachers in order to maintain optimal staffing levels in all learning institutions;
- Advising the Commission Secretary on training needs for staff in the directorate;
- Advising on staff requirements of the directorate;
- Liaising with Human Resource Management to ensure proper implementation of Collective Bargaining Agreements;
- Evaluating performance appraisal of the staff in the Directorate to ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
TSC Director (Staffing) Candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Ten (10) years’ experience in management three (3) of which should have been at a senior management position in a large institution;
- Master’s Degree in Education from a recognized University;
- Knowledge in relevant legislation in education and labor laws;
- Demonstrate Knowledge of teaching standards;
- Ability to mentor, coach and guide staff;
- Leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams;
- Certificate in computer applications skills;
- Attended a leadership management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Met the provisions of chapters six of the Constitution and
- Valid registration certificate as member of a professional body
Terms of Service TSC Director (Staffing)
- Contract for 5 years renewable
- Salary and other Benefits.
- Basic Salary TSC Scale 14: – Kshs. 267,040 – Kshs. 416,568.
The remuneration will include;
- Group Personal Accident/Wiba Cover, Comprehensive Medical Cover,
- House allowance as per region,
- Commuter allowance,
- Leave allowance.
- Service gratuity computed at 31% of basic salary for every year serviced will be paid once the contract ends or is terminated as stipulated in the Contract Agreement.