Masinde Muliro University Offers Scholarship to students good in Sports
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST) has announced the offering of scholarships to students who are good in various sports.
The institution has announced partial tuition scholarships which will be offered to benefit students who will qualify for the scholarships while they continue with their studies.
The full advert detailing the specified requirements and the kind of sports they need applicants is shown below. Applications are required to be submitted to the office of the Dean of Students by 24th of June 2022.
TALENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology wishes to extend partial tuition scholarships to talented young men and women in Sports and Performing Arts. This will accord the beneficiaries an opportunity to further their studies while they continue with their talent development.
Applicants are invited in the following areas:-
Handball (Men & Women)
Hockey (Men & Women)
Soccer (Men & Women)
Netball (Men & Women)
Basketball (Men & Women)
Athletics (Men & Women)
Rugby (Men & Women)
Music (Men & Women)
Performing Arts (Men & Women)
- At least C+ in K.C.S.E or C plain and a relevant Diploma recognized by the University Senate for bachelors courses
- At least C- in K.C.S.E for Diploma Courses or any other qualification recognized by the University Senate.
- Must apply for a course offered at Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology.
- Must have demonstrated excellent performance in specified talent areas at National and International Level.
- Must be 22 years and below for degree applicants and 23 years or below for diploma applicants (Age limit not applicable to Performing Arts & Music).
- Applicants from needy backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- MMUST continuing students are eligible to apply.
Application should be made by filling a pre-requisite from available at the University bookshop or the University website, www.mmust.ac.ke and returned to Dean of Students office not later than 24th June 2022.
Attach the below listed to the application:
- Copy of K.C.S.E result slip or certificate
- For students advancing from certificate or diploma should attach transcripts
- Copy of National ID or birth certificate
CHAIRMAN-TALENT SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE
Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. BOX 190-50100, KAKAMEGA KENYA