HELB Sets Deadline for Subsequent Applications
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has announced the deadline for subsequent applications on the 31st of October 2021.
This means that all subsequent applicants should ensure they have applied for their HELB loans by the end of this month.
Announcing the directive on their Twitter page, HELB posted:
Comrades, Kumbukeni deadline for TVET subsequent application ni 31st October 2021. Msichelewe. Apply today on the HELB USSD Code, dial *642#
Instructions for Applying For HELB Second and Subsequent TVET Loan
- To be able to apply for the HELB second and subsequent loan, you will be required to Download the HELB app from Google Play Store, or use USSD code by Dialing *642#
- Then register your phone number to generate a PIN which will enable you to log in.
- Ensure that the mobile number is registered under your name. Take note that mobile numbers that are not registered under the students’ name will not allow the loan application to hgo through.
- Go through the license information before clicking to accept.
- Enter your first name exactly the same way it appears on your national ID, ID number and a valid email address to complete the registration step.
- Click on the “loans” tab and choose your category i.e. either certificate loans or diploma loans and then click apply on the TVET second and subsequent loan.
- Read and understand financial literacy, answer financial literacy questions and then scroll down to view the results and the click on “proceed”.
- Click on “confirm” to verify your telephone number by paying 1 to MPESA.
- Click on “I agree” after you have read and understood the loan agreement.
- Click “Submit” and then a pop up message will appear showing that your application has been successful. The loan serial number will also be displayed.